Red Nation Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Nation Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious

Go down 
+3
saltwatersins
NativeR3Dhead
GFREEZ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GFREEZ

GFREEZ

How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious Empty
PostSubject: How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious   How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:31 pm

- CD's mostly...like the liner notes, otherwise iTunes
- not a big fan of Spotify and seemingly 'pay' sites, makes you feel like your paying for the music through a fee(no guilt), when the labels\bands get a very very small amount
- and yes i pay for all the music i have
Back to top Go down
NativeR3Dhead

How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious   How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 12:10 am

Most of the time I buy cds, once in awhile I'll buy an album online from Zune but even then I'll eventually go out and buy a physical copy of that same album. I've always preferred buying cds over downloading from Zune, iTunes, etc.
Back to top Go down
saltwatersins

saltwatersins

PostSubject: Re: How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious   How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 3:16 pm

I got in a habit of buying cd's last year, and now I have shelves upon shelves of cd's. I've purchased one song on iTunes, and that wasn't bad at all.

I'm one of those people who really prefers to have the physical copy of albums, and have even started collecting vinyl records.
Back to top Go down
http://ffnothing.webs.com
EndofSilence

EndofSilence

PostSubject: Re: How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious   How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 4:10 pm

Almost always iTunes. I rarely buy CDs now, unless it's an album I know for sure is worth the extra money for the better sound and such. The only CD I've bought in the last few years was Until We Have Faces (preorder). And it was worth it Wink
Back to top Go down
http://throughthorns.blogspot.com/
JCtheJOCKEY

JCtheJOCKEY

PostSubject: acquiring music   How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:18 pm

It would depend on the artist for me. I'm a digital purchaser, but if I know the band or they're a favorite, I will buy a CD. I work in radio so I'm surrounded by a plethora of music selections...our collection and stuff the labels send us.
Back to top Go down
PR1MET1ME

PR1MET1ME

PostSubject: Re: How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious   How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:14 am

Mostly iTunes, unless I'm at a show, then I'll buy the CD directly from the band.
Back to top Go down
GFREEZ

GFREEZ

PostSubject: Re: How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious   How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:31 am

JCtheJOCKEY wrote:
It would depend on the artist for me. I'm a digital purchaser, but if I know the band or they're a favorite, I will buy a CD. I work in radio so I'm surrounded by a plethora of music selections...our collection and stuff the labels send us.

JC i'm not broadbrushing everyone at ALL radio stations, but often pre-release copies that stations receive are a big reason people see\hear stuff on youtube weeks before an actual release date...kinda frustrating for bands...on the one hand they need airplay on the other people just don't understand what early posting does...i don't think its malicious, i just don't think people even give it a second thought
Back to top Go down
PR1MET1ME

PR1MET1ME

PostSubject: Re: How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious   How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:38 pm

GFREEZ wrote:

JC i'm not broadbrushing everyone at ALL radio stations, but often pre-release copies that stations receive are a big reason people see\hear stuff on youtube weeks before an actual release date...kinda frustrating for bands...on the one hand they need airplay on the other people just don't understand what early posting does...i don't think its malicious, i just don't think people even give it a second thought

More than half of the time though, it's not even the DJ are production person at the station that leaks it, though. It's more likely that the CD gets left out on a desk, and an intern grabs it, copies it, and then gives it to everyone.
Back to top Go down
saltwatersins

saltwatersins

PostSubject: Re: How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious   How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:04 pm

Interesting...I always thought it was due to retailers getting shipments in early and someone in the back lifting a copy and putting it out there for everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://ffnothing.webs.com
JCtheJOCKEY

JCtheJOCKEY

PostSubject: Re: How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious   How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:01 am

GFREEZ wrote:
JCtheJOCKEY wrote:

GFREEZ, you have a valid point....and so does Primetime. Many times, CD's will come into the mailroom and get left out for the world to see. Most DJ's trash them if the artist isn't appealing enough. Clean up staff grabs them or even people who don't work in programming as Primetime said. Labels send them early so the music director can decide whether to give the artist any turns or even hype them up on-air. The music business is fickle, and everybody's "opinion" is right. I understand the artists' need for anticipation for their record so I won't share the stuff we get from the labels. Besides, sometimes that stuff has the PD's name printed on the CD so it makes people more accountable for "giving away" music. I love my job, and I'd rather not be tossed for making a stupid decision like that. The higher ups don't take it as seriously as I do, but that's how artists make their living. Infrequent turns mean concert ticket sales may not be good either. I get it.
Back to top Go down
Billyman

PostSubject: Re: How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious   How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:10 pm

CDs. If there were cassettes or LPs available, I'd get them too. I'm old school, yo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious   How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you obtain your music? iTunes, CD, Amazon, file share, Spotify or other? Do you pay? No moral judgement, just curious
Page 1 of 1